The North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA) will hold its annual conference in Cleveland, Ohio, next week—June 2 to 5, 2009. As well as a great list of speakers, the conference features an evening at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
Featured speakers include:
• Keith Bellows, editor in chief, National Geographic Traveler
• Joe David, author of Gourmet Getaways
• Christopher Elliott, travel blogger and National Geographic Traveler’s reader advocate
• Kevin Fliess, CEO and co-founder, TravelMuse
• Fran Golden, travel editor, Gatehouse Media
• Jeffrey Lehmann, host of Emmy-winning PBS series Weekend Explorer
The schedule includes sessions on: getting your foot in the door with an editor, surviving new media, tips on workflow for editorial photography and how to grow your business. There is also the opportunity to tour the city and attend a destination shoot and critique.
NATJA is a professional association of writers, photographers, editors and tourism professionals dedicated to redefining professional development for the travel industry. Members can register for the conference for a special rate of $475.
Be sure to say hello to Kevin!